This Slow Cooker Curry Chicken is a savory curry chicken dish with tender chicken, and tangy cranberries served on a bed or couscous or rice.
This recipe is super simple to make and has made an appearance many times over the years in our home. You’ll have about 10 minutes of prep, and then you can let your slow cooker do the work, and walk away.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Then when supper time rolls around, you’ll add just a couple last minute ingredients, and make a batch of rice, couscous or riced cauliflower to serve it with.
You May Also Like:
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- 1 c diced red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tb grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tb tomato paste
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tb “minute” tapioca
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 c cashews, coarsely chopped, optional
- 1/2 c coconut milk, canned, full fat or plain yogurt
- cooked couscous, rice or riced cauliflower for serving
- To begin, dice your onion, mince the garlic and grate the ginger.
- Add those and the tomato paste, curry powder, chicken broth, salt, pepper, tapioca and cranberries to your slow cooker.
- Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch pieces and stir them into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the cilantro (or parsley), cashews, and coconut milk (or yogurt).
- Ladle over a bed of couscous, rice or riced cauliflower.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.