Don’t think you like eating radishes? Try roasting them!
Roasted radishes take on a rich flavor, much like oven roasted potatoes. They lose their spiciness and are just plain good!
This past week, we decided to try one of the daikon radishes from the garden. This thing was huge!
This recipe can be made with any type of “eating” radish.
How to Roast Radishes
Don't think you like eating radishes? Try roasting them!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups fresh radishes
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the washed radishes by cutting off the tops and the root tips.
- Cut the radishes into quarters or eighths. If you are using large radishes like a daikon, cube them like you would do carrots to go in a stew.
- Place the cubed radishes in a bowl and drizzle in the oil.
- Toss them to coat with the oil.
- Spread the radishes out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the radishes are golden and crisped. Give them a stir when they are almost done, to encourage more browning.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 616mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.