Don’t think you like eating radishes? Try roasting them!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Roasted radishes take on a rich flavor, much like oven roasted potatoes. They lose their spiciness and are just plain good!
This past week, we decided to try one of the daikon radishes from the garden. This thing was huge!
This recipe can be made with any type of “eating” radish.
How to Roast Radishes
- 3 c fresh radishes
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the washed radishes by cutting off the tops and the root tips.
- Cut the radishes into quarters or eighths. If you are using large radishes like a daikon, cube them like you would do carrots to go in a stew.
- Place the cubed radishes in a bowl and drizzle in the oil.
- Toss them to coat with the oil.
- Spread the radishes out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the radishes are golden and crisped. Give them a stir when they are almost done to encourage more browning.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.