Zucchini Corn Fritters have a wonderful crunch on the outside, and all the goodness of fresh zucchini on the inside.
Today I am sharing one of my favorite veggie recipes. The weather is warming and I look forward to all of the fresh summer produce. If you garden, you know how you can often find yourself with an over-abundance of zucchini. This is a great way to put it to use.
If you are trying to hide the veggies from the kids, you can peel the zucchini before putting it in here. Just saying ;)
Scoop the fritter batter into the skillet by about 1/3-1/2 cups. I use a muffin scoop to do this.
Let the fritters cook until they are golden on the bottom, and then turn them over to cook the other side.
When they are nice and brown, place them on a platter that is lined with paper towels,, and repeat with the rest of the batter. I set the platter in the oven (set to “warm”) so they stay warm while I cook the rest.
Serve the fritters topped with some sour cream, spritzed with lemon juice, or with some curry mayo (my favorite….get that recipe HERE)
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tb parsley
- 1 cloves garlic, grated (optional)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ c whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- oil for frying, I use extra virgin olive oil
- Optional Toppings:
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- sour cream
- curry mayo (see link in post)
- To begin, shred up the zucchini, and toss it in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the fresh lemon zest, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic and eggs. Stir this all together, so that everything is coated with the egg.
- Sprinkle the flour all over the mixture, and then stir it all in. Mix until there are no lumps of flour.
- In a skillet, heat about a quarter cup or so of oil over medium heat. You want the bottom of the skillet to have a thin layer of oil. When the oil is nice and hot, but not smoking, scoop the mixture by ¼ cups at a time into the oil. Allow it to sit there and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it is golden on the bottom.
- Carefully turn the fritter over, and cook it on the other side until golden, around 2-3 minutes again.
- Place the cooked fritters on a platter lined with paper towels, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Keep the fritters that are already cooked warm by setting your platter in a warm (not hot) oven while the others cook.
- Serve them with your favorite topping and Enjoy!
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.