These Pistachio Crusted Chicken Tenders are one of those “make any night” kinds of meals. Not only are they paleo & low-carb, but they are packed full of flavor, and on the table in no time!
It all starts with pistachios that you pulse in your food processor.
To save some money, you can purchase boneless, skinless chicken breasts and simply cut them into slices, lengthwise, about 3/4-1 inch thick. If time is your priority, purchase the chicken that already comes as tenders.
Chicken tenders are coated in egg wash.
Then they are dredged in the seasoned pistachio crumble, and popped into the oven to bake. You really can’t get any easier!
Make these tonight!
For the Tenders
- 1 1/2 lb raw chicken tenders , or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4 - 1 inch thick strips
- 1 1/4 c shelled pistachios
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 egg
For the Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 3/4 c mayonnaise, *Such as Primal Kitchen paleo-friendly mayo
- 1 tsp curry powder
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat it with ghee or other non-stick baking spray. Set it aside for now.
- Place the pistachios in your food processor and plus until they become a fine, crumbly mixture resembling bread crumbs.
- Pour the pistachio crumbs into a shallow dish.
- To the pistachios, add the onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk one egg until frothy.
- Dip a chicken strip into the egg.
- Dredge the chicken strip in the pistachio mixture to coat on both sides.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, mix the mayo and curry powder together in a small bowl for the dipping sauce. If you prefer, you can use any other dipping sauce (dressing, BBQ sauce, etc.) if you don't care for curry.
- Test the chicken with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thickest tender. The thermometer should read 165 degrees.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 594 Total Fat 43g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 33g Cholesterol 113mg Sodium 1221mg Carbohydrates 23g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 29g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.