This delicious Maple Apple Oat Cake is a rustic recipe with tons of fall flavor and has a simple maple cinnamon glaze on top.
To Make this Maple Apple Oat Cake, You Will Need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
- real maple syrup
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- mixing bowl
- cutting board & knife
- cast iron skillet or cake pan
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
I made this in a cast iron skillet, but you can make it in a normal cake pan as well. Another option, would be to make this as muffins. The baking time would be about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 c unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c (1/2 of a stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c real maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, cored and diced (I used a Granny Smith apple, but you can use any baking apple)
- 1 c rolled oats (steel cut can work as well)
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tb real maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. (325 if using a glass baking dish)
- Grease and flour an 8 or 9 inch baking pan - round or square. You can also bake it in a cast iron skillet as I did. Instead of greasing and flouring, you can also use baking spray or my baking spray replacement. (See the link in the post with this recipe.) Set it aside for now.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk those together and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the butter, maple syrup and brown sugar together until they are fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the rolled oats.
- Add in the diced apple and chopped pecans and fold it all together.
- Spread the cake batter in your prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until it tests done when a wooden toothpick is inserted in the center.
- Place the cake on a rack to cool, and prepare the glaze.
- In a small, combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Add in the maple syrup and whisk the glaze ingredients together. Add a tiny bit of maple syrup if needed to make a nice, drizzly glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze all over the top of the cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.