Tender pasta with a light and fresh pea sauce, sprinkled with tangy feta cheese for a green & cheerful meal.
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.
One of the things that American Family Insurance has teamed up with us to do is to share ways to make our favorite dishes healthier. Another is to find ways to sneak the veggies into dishes, like I did with the veggie packed cake recipe that I recently shared. In keeping with that theme, I’m sharing a super simple pasta dish with you. This pasta dish makes it incredibly easy to sneak in the veggies, because the sauce is made almost entirely of my favorite green veggie – peas!
This dish is not only perfect for a weekday supper because it is quick, but it is also a “hot & humid“ kind of supper, because it is a cool pasta dish.
This recipe is also a great way to use peas in your cooking.
American Family Insurance is the champion of dreams. Connecting with others through Twitter, Facebook and more to not just inspire, but to encourage the pursuit of dreams.
Connect with American Family Insurance to get tools and tips, inspiration and encouragement as you #ChooseDreams. Share your stories and join the community of dreamers.
- 8 ounces pipe rigate (or similar pasta suche as orecchiette or shells)
- 2 1/2 c fresh or frozen peas, divided
- 1/2 c water
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tb parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- To begin, start a pot of salted water for your pasta.
- Place 1 ½ cup of fresh or frozen peas in a metal strainer or sieve. When your water begins to boil, place the strainer of peas in the water and cook for one minute.
- Remove them from the pot and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Place the peas in your blender.
- Pour in the pasta into the pot and begin cooking according to package directions.
- I used pipe rigate, but you can use shells, orecchiette or something similar.
- To the blender, add in the water water, the juice of half a lemon, salt & pepper and parsley. Blend these together until smooth.
- When your pasta is nearly done cooking, toss in another cup of peas and cook those with the pasta during the last minute of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and peas and run them under cold water to cool.
- Place the pasta & peas in a serving bowl.
- Add in the pea sauce and stir to combine.
- Fold in some crumbled feta cheese and top with a bit of fresh parsley for garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 359mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g