In this episode I shared a recipe for pickled radishes that I made with radishes from the garden. Then, we hired a “farm hand.” ;)
Seen in this Episode:
I made some pickled radishes from the beautiful watermelon radishes we grew in the garden this year. Below is a printable version for your convenience.
- 2 c thinly sliced radishes
- 1 small onion, cut into small strips
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- To begin, layer several slices of onions in the bottom of a pint jar. Wide mouthed jars work best.
- On top of the radish slices, layer some onion strips.
- Repeat the layers until you have filled the jar. Pack the contents in tightly.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and sea salt in a dish or another jar with a lid. Shake well to combine, or whisk if using a dish.
- Pour the liquid into the jar with the radishes.
- Close the jar with a lid and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Occasionally give the jar a shake to make sure everything is combined and pickling well.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 39 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 299mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 0g Sugar 9g Protein 0g