A classic pumpkin pie topped with crunchy, delicious streusel!
Monday through Friday this week, I have been sharing a variety of pie recipes for my first ever “Pie Week,” and I thought this was the perfect finale to finish it off!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping
To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.You’ll need a 9 inch, deep dish pie crust as well. Have that waiting.
Prep the streusel topping. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 c rolled oats, 1/2 c chopped pecans, 1/4 c flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Give those a stir. Add in 1/4 c room temperature butter.
Mix those until you have a crumbly mixture. Set it aside.
In your mixing bowl combine 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1 Tb flour, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves. Give those a stir to combine.
In a small dish, beat two eggs, and then add them to the mixing bowl.
Add in 15 ounces of pumpkin.
And add in 12 ounces of evaporated milk. Mix well.
Pour into a 9 inch, deep dish pie crust. Click Here for my Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
Now for the topping.
Sprinkle your streusel evenly all over the top.
Because this bakes for such a long time, you have to protect your crust. I have one of these great little pie shields, but strips of foil work just fine. Take them off about 15 minute before the pie is done baking. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until the pie tests done when a butter knife is inserted near the center.
Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Serve your pie topped with whipped cream, or just as it is. Enjoy!
- crust for deep dish 9 inch pie, unbaked
For the topping
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c butter, room temperature
For the Pie
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 Tb flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 14 ounces solid packed pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. You'll need to have your pie plate ready with your dough prepped in it.
- In a dish, combine all of the toppings for the streusel until crumbly. Set aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the sugars, flour, salt and spices.
- In a small dish, beat your eggs.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk into the mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into your unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly all over the top of the pie.
- Because this bakes for such a long time, you have to protect your crust. I have a pie shield, but strips of foil work just fine. Take them off about 15 minute before the pie is done baking.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until the pie tests done when a butter knife is inserted near the center.
- Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours before cutting.
If you do not have a deep dish pie plate, this can be made as 2 standard sized pies. You'll need crust for two pies instead, and simply divide the filling and topping between the two. Baking time will be reduced by about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 400 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 298mg Carbohydrates 56g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 43g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g