Easy homemade peanut butter dog biscuits.
If you are a dog owner or know someone with doggies, these Peanut Butter Pupkies make a great gift.
There’s only about 5 minutes of actual work and all the rest is simply baking time. Whip up a batch of these and watch the doggies go crazy for them!
If you like, you can cut these out with cute little cookie cutters, but I simply cut them into squares or rectangles with a pizza cutter. This would be a great project for kiddos too, if you have any in the house.
I cut larger rectangles for my doggies, and made a few smaller ones for my neighbor-dog.
Make your doggies some Christmas cookies too this year!
You can find another doggie treat recipe here – Ginger Yaps
- 4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c wheat germ
- 2 c quick oats
- 1/2 c peanut butter (real, no sugar)
- 2 1/2 c warm water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in your mixer's mixing bowl. Using the dough hook attachment, mix until everything is combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Now to cut the dough into treats. You can use cute cookie cutters if you like. I take the quick route, and cut the dough into rectangles with a pizza cutter. How big or small you cut them depends upon your dog. Big treats for big dogs, little treats for little dogs.
- Place the treats on two baking sheets. The treats can be close to one another, but shouldn't be touching.
- Take a fork, and poke holes in the center of each treat. Poke the fork all the way through to the baking sheet.
- Bake the treats for 50 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the treats in the warm oven (don't open it) for 2 hours. This allows the treats to completely dry and harden.
- Store the treats in an airtight container.
- Your pups will enjoy these!