Loaded Pizza Stew has all of the things you love about a hot, fresh pizza and all of the love and comfort of a soup. This is the perfect dish for a cold winter night.
Everyone loves a pizza party, so why not have that flavor as part of your spread for your holiday parties? You can whip up this easy recipe ahead of time, and simply put it in your favorite slow cooker to stay warm. Serve it with a dish of shredded Parmesan and some crackers and your guests will love a little bowl or cup of this rich stew.
- 1 red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (hot or mild, whichever you prefer)
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 c beef broth
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. pepperoni slices
- 1 c sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 can (2 oz.) sliced black olives (drained), or ⅓ cup sliced fresh olives
- For Serving:
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- crackers, optional
- To begin, cook the diced onion, diced green bell pepper and Italian sausage together in a Dutch oven over medium heat. As the meat cooks, break it up with your spoon.
- When the meat is browned and the onion & pepper are tender, (about 5 minutes) drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, basil, marjoram, oregano, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir these all together.
- Bring this to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, pepperoni and olives. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Serve the stew with shredded Parmesan (or mozzarella) cheese, and crackers.
This is my second version of Pizza Stew. You can find another easy version HERE.
This week, you can find scores of fun recipes to share at your holiday events this winter, from appetizers to cocktails. Check them out!
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 6:00 pm CST/7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.