This version of homemade Watermelon Jelly has a reduced amount of sugar, and also uses the low-sugar pectin. The flavor is unmatched!
To Make this Jelly, You Will Need:
- food mill (or food processor and cheese cloth)
- lemon juice
- low/reduced sugar powdered pectin
- large pot
- large spoon (for stirring)
- water bath canner or steam canner
- canning tools (ladle, funnel, etc.)
- half pint jars with lids & rings
Watch how to Make Reduced Sugar Watermelon Jelly:
How to Juice Your Watermelon
To make this jelly, you will first need watermelon juice. You can read how to do this in the post for the Traditional Watermelon Jelly.
From a Reader:
Reminds me of watermelon jolly ranchers. The watermelon juice to sugar ratio was spot on. I’m so grateful for stumbling across this recipe. It’s definitely a keeper for next year’s watermelon harvest. Yummy!!Yesenia
- How to Substitute Powdered Pectin for Liquid Pectin
- How to Use a Steam Canner
- How to Fix Runny Jelly or Jam – Set Failure
- Traditional Watermelon Jelly Recipe
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 3 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c bottled lemon juice
- 1 pouch (1.75 oz.) reduced/low sugar pectin
- Combine the watermelon juice, lemon juice, and pectin in a large pot.
- Whisk the pectin in and bring the mixture to a rolling boil over medium high heat.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continually. Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Test to make sure the jelly is set (as seen in the video.) If the jelly is set, jar as below. If it is still runny, return it to the heat and boil for another minute. Test again.
- Ladle the jelly into hot, half-pint jars. Leave 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe the rims of the jar with a damp rag that has been dipped in white vinegar. This ensures that there is no residue, and your lids can seal properly.
- Close with lids and rings.
- Process the jars in a hot water bath canner or steam canner for 10 minutes.
- Allow the jars to cool in a draft-free location for 12-24 hours.
- Remove the rings, test the seals and label the jars.
Serving Size:1 Tb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.