To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a shallow dish, combine 1 1/4 c flour, 3/4 teaspoon each of dry mustard and paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt & pepper. Stir these together.
In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon each of butter and oil.
Dredge your cubed steaks in the flour, coating both sides.
Brown the steaks in the skillet, adding butter and oil as needed. There is no need to cook these all the way through, only brown both sides. The steaks will finish cooking in the oven.
While they are browning, mince 2 cloves of garlic, and finely dice a small onion.
As the steaks are browned, place them in a baking dish.
In the same skillet, add the onion & garlic and cook until they are just tender.
In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1 1/2 c sour cream and 1/2 c water. Stir those together.
When your onions are tender, pour in the sour cream mixture. Whisk it together, loosening up the bits in the skillet. Bring it to a gentle boil, and then turn off the heat.
Pour the sauce all over the top of the steaks. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
Serve with your sides of choice.
- 6-8 cubed steaks
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- butter & extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c water
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, dry mustard, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon each of butter and oil over medium heat. Dredge a steak in the flour mixture, coating both sides. Brown the steaks on both sides.
- As the steaks are browned, place them in a baking dish. Repeat with all of the steaks, adding additional butter and oil as needed.
- Meanwhile dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- When all of the steaks are browned, using the same skillet, saute' the onion and garlic in the skillet until just tender.
- Meanwhile combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sour cream and water in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the skillet and whisk together, loosening the bits in the skillet. Bring it to a gentle boil and then remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the steaks.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 798mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g