Sour Cream Cubed Steaks are browned and then baked in a tangy sauce – tender and amazing!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch me Cook this Recipe for Sour Cream Cubed Steaks:
Looking for another way to cook cubed steaks? Try my Steak Sandwiches (with Burger Sauce)
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 6-8 cubed steaks
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- butter & extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c water
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, dry mustard, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon each of butter and oil over medium heat. Dredge a steak in the flour mixture, coating both sides. Brown the steaks on both sides.
- As the steaks are browned, place them in a baking dish. Repeat with all of the steaks, adding additional butter and oil as needed.
- Meanwhile dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- When all of the steaks are browned, using the same skillet, saute' the onion and garlic in the skillet until just tender.
- Meanwhile combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sour cream and water in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the skillet and whisk together, loosening the bits in the skillet. Bring it to a gentle boil and then remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the steaks.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 798mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.