Sour Cream Cubed Steaks are browned and then baked in a tangy sauce – tender and amazing!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch me Cook this Recipe for Sour Cream Cubed Steaks:
Looking for another way to cook cubed steaks? Try my Steak Sandwiches (with Burger Sauce)
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Sour Cream Cubed Steaks
- 6-8 cubed steaks
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- butter & extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c water
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, dry mustard, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon each of butter and oil over medium heat. Dredge a steak in the flour mixture, coating both sides. Brown the steaks on both sides.
- As the steaks are browned, place them in a baking dish. Repeat with all of the steaks, adding additional butter and oil as needed.
- Meanwhile dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- When all of the steaks are browned, using the same skillet, saute’ the onion and garlic in the skillet until just tender.
- Meanwhile combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sour cream and water in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the skillet and whisk together, loosening the bits in the skillet. Bring it to a gentle boil and then remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the steaks.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.