Deceptively simple and incredibly delicious Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup. You will love this easy slow cooker soup!
We all a love a thick, hearty soup that sticks to your ribs. But other times we want something a little more subdued and unpretentious.
With tomato, Italian seasoning and little else, this soup is just that one you are looking for.
Coconut milk gives the broth a beautiful body, reminiscent of a bisque. Simply comforting.
To make Creamy Tomato & Chicken Soup you will need:
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- whole fat coconut milk
- chicken stock
- red onion
- Italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- cutting board
- slow cooker
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
The chicken cooks in the broth until tender. I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can use chicken thighs as well.
Once cooked, the chicken is shredded with two forks.
This is probably the hardest part of making this soup, which only reveals to you just how effortless it is to make it. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
Serve this with a sprinkling of parsley, and if you like, some Biscuits or rolls. You will have everything you need.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Creamy Tomato and Chicken Soup
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. coconut milk
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c red onion, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- parsley, fresh minced for garnish
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and parsley in your slow cooker. Stir.
- Nestle the chicken down into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for 4 hours, or on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the soup, stir.
- Serve topped with some fresh parsley.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.