Nice chunks of apple, crunchy pecans and a brown sugar glaze makes this cake the perfect autumn treat.
This is one of my favorite cakes to make, as I am a huge fall of all things apple. This is sure to quickly become one of your favorites as well.
To Make this Cake You Will Need:
- Granny Smith apples
- brown sugar
- light olive oil
- plain applesauce
- orange juice
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- half & half
- Bundt cake pan
- mixing bowls
- whisk or mixer
- cooling rack
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch me make this Apple Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Core and dice some Granny Smith apples. (Peeling is optional.) You will need about 3 cups of diced apple.
Place the diced apples in a small bowl along with some sugar and cinnamon. Give them a stir to coat. Set the apples aside for now.
In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk them together and set them aside for a moment.
In your mixing bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, light olive oil, plain applesauce, orange juice and vanilla extract. Whisk those together.
You May Also Like: Old-Fashioned Maple Apple Oat Cake
Add the flour mixture into the liquid ingredients and whisk them together.
Add in the apples and some chopped pecans.
Pour the thick batter into your prepared Bundt pan.
Bake the cake for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done in the center with a toothpick.
Invert the pan onto a cooling rack, and allow the cake and pan to sit for 10 minutes.
Carefully remove the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely.
When the apple bundt cake is cooled, you’ll make the glaze.
In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and half & half.
Turn the heat on medium low, whisk it all together, letting it come to a gentle boil. Let it boil for a minute, whisking continually, and stir in vanilla extract.
Let it cool for a minute.
Place your cake on the serving dish, and slowly drizzle the glaze all over the top.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced (peeling optional)
- 1 cup + Tablespoon granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided use
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I prefer freshly grated)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain applesauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For the glaze
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To begin, grease & flour a Bundt pan, or coat with “baking spray replacement” mixture. Set aside. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the diced apples in a small bowl along with a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Give them a stir to coat the apples. Set it aside for now.
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon. Give them a whisking and set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add in the cup of granulated sugar, brown sugar, apple sauce, orange juice, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk smooth.
- Fold in the apples and chopped pecans.
- Pour the thick batter into your prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done in the center with a toothpick.
- Invert the cake and pan onto a cooling rack. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then carefully lift away the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and half & half.
- Turn the heat on medium low, whisk it all together, letting it come to a gentle boil. Let it bubble for a minute or two, whisking continually until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool for just a minute.
- Place your cake on the serving dish, and slowly drizzle the glaze all over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.