This easy Cabbage Roll Soup has all of the flavor of cabbage rolls, but no leaf folding needed!
One of my favorite things to have for supper when I was a kid was Spanish rice. Cabbage rolls were something that my grandmother used to make, and I always loved that the cabbage rolls had almost the same ingredients inside them.
Making cabbage rolls can be a bit of a challenge though. You have to have just the right heads of cabbage and it can take a bit of practice. I know I have struggled myself to make cabbage rolls. I wish my grandmother was still around to share her secrets with me.
So just skip the whole process and turn it all into a soup! All of the flavor and none of the hassle.
To Make Cabbage Roll Soup you will need:
- ground beef
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- tomato sauce
- black pepper
- hot paprika (see note in recipe)
- bay leaves
- beef broth
- honey (omit for keto)
- Dutch oven
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
To see this video on YouTube, where you can find the list of channels participating in the mentioned collaboration, CLICK HERE.
I like that this soup uses both red and green bell pepper.
You’ll also need half of a head of cabbage, which you will shred and set aside until later.
To begin, cook ground beef, onion and bell peppers together in a Dutch oven over medium heat until the beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
Add in beef broth, tomato sauce, along with bay leaves, honey, parsley, dill, onion powder, hot paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add in the shredded cabbage and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
Find and discard the bay leaves.
Serve the soup with a scoop of Cauliflower Rice or regular rice if you like, or simply enjoy it as it is.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Easy Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 whole red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cup beef broth
- 1 can tomato sauce, 15 oz
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 Tb honey, (omit for keto)
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- optional - cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- To begin, cook the ground beef, onion and bell peppers together in a Dutch oven over medium heat until the beef is browned.
- Add in the beef broth, tomato sauce, and all of the seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the shredded cabbage and cook for 5 more minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Find and discard the bay leaves.
- Serve the soup with a scoop of cauliflower rice or regular rice if you like.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
3 thoughts on “Easy Cabbage Roll Soup (with Cooking Video)”
Just watching the video I know this is a definite winner. Thanks for sharing. Btw, what is the tool you used to open the mason jar?
Thank you! The tool is a vintage/antique one called a pry-a-lid. You can occasionally find one in an antique store if you look really hard, but I have seen them on Etsy.
Yes I made this recipe and we love it without the hot sauce .