I’ll be honest, I never used to like Brussels sprouts. But after learning of a few new ways to make them, I don’t like them – I love them! You’ll love this version of them as well, I am certain.
There’s just so much flavor in these little sprouts. So not only will you get all of the wonderful nutrients that Brussels sprouts have to offer, but you’ll enjoy every single bite as well.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts.
- Trim the bottom of the stems off then cut each Brussels sprout in half, splitting it top to bottom. Place the sprouts in a mixing bowl.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until it is golden and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Once the bacon is cooked, use a slotted spoon and scoop it out onto a a plate that is lined with paper towel. Do not discard the bacon drippings.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings all over the Brussels sprouts. Gently stir to coat.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly caramelized. Half way through the cooking time, use a spatula to turn the Brussels sprouts over and continue baking.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, sprinkle with the cooked bacon and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 122 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 17mg Sodium 605mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Protein 9g