I’ll be honest, I never used to like Brussels sprouts. But after learning of a few new ways to make them, I don’t like them – I love them! You’ll love this version of them as well, I am certain.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
There’s just so much flavor in these little sprouts. So not only will you get all of the wonderful nutrients that Brussels sprouts have to offer, but you’ll enjoy every single bite as well.
You May Also Like:
- Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon & Apples
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- How to Roast Radishes
- German Green Bean Salad
Note: I no longer eat pork, however I am leaving recipes like this one up for those who enjoy it. Many pork recipes can be easily converted to turkey or chicken recipes, with little or even no other changes. Recipes with bacon or sausage can use alternatives like beef or turkey bacon. Article: Why I Quit Eating Pork
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon | Paleo
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (See Note)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts.
- Trim the bottom of the stems off then cut each Brussels sprout in half, splitting it top to bottom. Place the sprouts in a mixing bowl.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until it is golden and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Once the bacon is cooked, use a slotted spoon and scoop it out onto a a plate that is lined with paper towel. Do not discard the bacon drippings.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings all over the Brussels sprouts. Gently stir to coat.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly caramelized. Half way through the cooking time, use a spatula to turn the Brussels sprouts over and continue baking.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, sprinkle with the cooked bacon and serve.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.