German Brussels Sprouts Soup is a quick and easy soup dotted with bacon and filled with great flavor.
When it comes to this soup, I have to say it’s a “Don’t judge me!” soup. And what I mean by that, is don’t judge a book by its cover.
Brussels sprouts soup may not be the most photogenic, but it is absolutely delicious!
The Brussels sprouts are caramelized with onion and bacon before becoming a rich and creamy soup. I mean how can something that looks this amazing, not have all the flavor to go with it?
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at just how flavorful this soup actually is.
You will absolutely love this!
As an added bonus, this soup is also quite quick to make. The longest part is simply prepping the Brussels sprouts themselves.
Need some other ideas for Brussels sprouts?
Check out this great skillet meal – Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Skillet Supper
I also have a great Brussels sprouts side dish. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
- 1 1/3 lb Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tb parsley
- To begin, prepare your Brussels sprouts by cutting off the stem and then cutting the sprout in half.
- Cook the onion and bacon together in a Dutch oven until they onion is just slightly translucent.
- Add in the Brussels sprouts. Cook these over medium low heat until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, scoop half of the mixture out into a dish.
- Add the broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is fairly smooth.
- Add the reserved Brussels sprouts mixture back to the pot, along with the parsley.
- Let the soup simmer for just a minute.
If you do not have an immersion blender, use a traditional blender to blend the soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 882mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g