A simple chicken vegetable soup recipe that is full of only the good things that you want.
This soup is the perfect way to chase off the chill on a cold day… or chase off a cold on a chilly day.
Whatever the reason, with turmeric and ginger, carrots and cauliflower, this chicken soup will be all that you will want.
Well, that and a blanket to curl up in with a bowl of it.
The Chicken Vegetable Soup is paleo-friendly. That means if you are following a paleo, low-carb diet, you can love this soup. It is naturally gluten free as well.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To make this Chicken Vegetable Soup you will need:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- chicken stock
- fresh ginger
- ground turmeric
- coconut aminos
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dutch oven
- food processor
You May Also Like:
Click Here for All of My Soup Recipes!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Wholesome Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 6 cups water
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (orr thighs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp parsley
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, place the chicken in your Dutch oven with enough water to cover by an inch, about 6 cups. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Reserve 2 cups of the chicken water, and discard the rest.
- Add the chicken stock, onion, ginger, carrots, celery, garlic, and turmeric, stir.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile shred the chicken.
- While the vegetables are cooking, separate the cauliflower florets from the thick stem and place the florets in your food processor. Pulse them several times until it resembles grains of rice.
- Add the chicken and riced cauliflower to the soup, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.