One of my favorite treats to enjoy when we go out for German food is a heavenly Eiskaffee.
You honestly can not get any easier when it comes to a dessert beverage, which is what this post is all about today.
An Eiskaffee is nothing more that coffee and ice cream.
Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a serving glass. (For a paleo version, use a paleo-friendly ice cream.)
Pour in 6 ounces of strong coffee or 2 shots of espresso.
That is it!
If you like, you can make the coffee ahead of time and chill it, then pour it over the ice cream. The ice cream wouldn’t melt as fast that way and it would be sort of like a “coffee float.” You can also get craaaazy and make this with chocolate ice cream.
Oh. My. Goodness.
- 2 scoops vanilla (or chocolate) ice cream
- 6 ounces hot or cold strong coffee (or 2 shots espresso)
- Place the ice cream in a serving glass. Pour over the coffee and enjoy!
Do you need a break from labor-intensive recipes? Well you are in luck! Check out all of these EASY recipes:
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Grilled Rosemary Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Grab’n’Go Breakfast Muffins by Happy Baking Days
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots