This crazy good dish of Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole with Bacon and red bell pepper will quickly become one of your favorite recipes!
If you are a fan of Jalapeno Poppers – you know that classic cream cheese stuffed, bacon-wrapped appetizer? Then you are going to love this dish. It takes all of those great flavors and ties it into a chicken dish.
And the leftovers the next day (if you have any) are even better. Actually, you may want to double this recipe just so you can have leftovers.
To Make This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole with Bacon you will need:
- chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- red bell peppers
- jalapeno peppers
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- chili powder
- slotted spoon
- square baking dish
- paper towels
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
First of all, you will need about 5 slices of thick cut bacon. I prefer to use a sugar-free version like the kind I get from Butcher Box. Not all, but most bacon you get at the grocery store has sugar in it.
You can also use turkey bacon or beef bacon if you prefer.
Dice the bacon, or cut it into 1/2 inch pieces, and saute it in a skillet until it is golden and crispy.
While the bacon is cooking, you’ll de-seed and diced a red bell pepper and 4 jalapeno peppers.
Your peppers and then the chicken will all cook in the bacon drippings, giving everything a wonderful flavor. Not to mention the cream cheese making this just ridiculous (that’s a good thing!)
Add in some cheddar cheese, spread it in a baking pan and bake this to perfection.
I like to serve the bacon topped Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole with some guacamole, and maybe a tossed salad, too.
Looking for a great Jalapeno Popper appetizer recipe? Check out my Maple Glazed Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Poppers. They’re basically stuffed with meatballs!
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute your bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it is crispy and golden. Scoop the bacon out with a slotted spoon, and place it in a dish that is lined with paper towels. Set that aside for now.
- Season your chicken with the salt and pepper and cook it in the bacon drippings until it is cooked through, about 5-10 minutes. Scoop the chicken out to a dish.
- Saute the diced peppers in the remaining drippings until they are tender. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon into a dish. You can use the same dish as the chicken if you like.
- Wipe out any excess drippings from the skillet with a paper towel.
- Place the cream cheese in the skillet and let it begin to melt over low heat.
- Add in the mayonnaise and chili powder. Whisk these together until smooth.
- Add in the chicken and peppers.
- Stir in half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Top it with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon over the top and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 62g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.