This Waldorf Chicken salad is not only easy & delicious, but also low carb & paleo friendly.
This is one of those recipes that is great to make ahead when you know you have a busy day or two coming up. Make the whole chicken on the weekend (see the recipe mentioned below) and then you can use that to make more meals with less hands-on cooking needed.
When making this recipe, you’ll need to start with some cooked chicken. I highly recommend giving my Instant Pot Whole Chicken a try. It is great as an entree alone, but also an effortless way to start any dish that requires cooked chicken as an ingredient.
You may also be interested in:
- 1/2 c mayonnaise (I use an avocado oil based, paleo-friendly version)
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c cooked & diced chicken meat
- 1 Gala apple, cored a diced
- 1/2 c red seedless grapes, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 c walnut pieces, toasted
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- To begin, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk these together.
- Add in the chicken, celery, apple and grapes. Stir it all together to combine.
- Serve over lettuce leaves and top with the toasted walnuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 23g