Treat your loved one to this beautiful Italian pork roast for your next special occasion dinner… or any dinner for that matter. This Porchetta is a juicy pork tenderloin slathered in herbs, wrapped in bacon and roasted to perfection.
This Porchetta recipe is stunning to look at, and yet so simple to make. With only 5 minutes of prep time before popping it into the oven, you’ll have plenty of time to spare.
A slathering that includes orange zest, fennel seeds and rosemary starts this off right.
Bacon wraps around it like a warm hug. Can you get any better than this?
I know this is more than a meal for two, but I can’t think of anything better than having a delicious roast like this for supper…and leftovers for lunch the next day. Now that’s a special treat in my book.
- 1 Tb fennel seeds, chopped
- 1 Tb rosemary, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of one orange
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb pork tenderloin
- 5 slices bacon
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine the chopped fennel seeds and rosemary, minced garlic, the salt and pepper, the orange zest and the extra virgin olive oil. Stir this together into a soft paste.
- Place your pork tenderloin in a baking dish. Slather the herb paste all over the top of the tenderloin.
- Lay the bacon slices across the tenderloin, tucking the ends underneath.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees for medium.
- Remove the roast to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Need some more date night inspiration? Check out all of these recipes offered up by the Sunday Supper creators.
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This recipe was also shared in the Meal Plan Monday Link-up at Southern Plate.