This delicious and simple Amish Ham Salad has diced hard cooked eggs and a lovely homemade dressing.
There’s something to be said about old-fashioned recipes like this Amish Ham Salad. And there’s a reason they have been around so long. They are delicious in their classic simplicity.
To make the Amish Ham Salad you will need:
- cooked ham
- all-purpose flour
- black pepper
- sugar or honey
- white vinegar
- mixing bowls
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
This salad starts with an easy, simmered dressing with egg, milk, vinegar and a couple other simple ingredients.
Then some cooked, diced ham. You can get some from the deli or this is a great use of leftover holiday ham!
Watch me Make this Amish Ham Salad recipe in the video below.
I also share a great collaboration with other wonderful home cooks, of recipes for stretching the dollar by savoring the scraps.
Enjoy the Amish Ham Salad on a roll or served with lettuce leaves.
You can also make variations of this recipe. Try adding some diced onion or shredded Swiss or cheddar cheeses. There’s so many ways you can make this your own.
Amish Ham Salad
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 Tb sugar or honey
- 1/3 c white vinegar
- 2 c diced cooked ham
- 9 hard cooked eggs, diced
- To begin, beat the egg and milk together in a dish.
- Add in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard and whisk until smooth. Set that aside for just a moment.
- Cook the sugar (or honey) and vinegar in a sauce pan until they begin to boil.
- Add in the egg mixture and whisk continually until it is smooth and thick. Remove it from the heat to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the diced hard-cooked eggs and diced ham in a mixing bowl.
- Pour dressing over the top and fold it together until combined.
- Serve immediately or chilled on rolls or lettuce leaves.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.