Baked Ham with Red Wine Glaze is the perfect holiday ham…or any day ham for that matter.
To begin, combine 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a sauce pan. Stir in 1/4 c red wine, and 2 tablespoons of water. Bring these to a gentle simmer, and stir until everything is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Place a shank or spiral cut ham in a roasting pan that has 1 cup of water in the bottom. Brush the glaze all over the ham. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 18 minutes per pound. (Or according to the instructions on your ham.) Every 45 minutes or so, brush another layer of glaze on the ham.
Just look at this gorgeous glaze!
For the Glaze
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 c red wine
- 2 Tb water
- Shank style or spiral cut ham
- 1 c water
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the brown sugar, flour & cinnamon.
- Stir in the wine and water.
- Simmer the glaze over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove it from the heat.
- Place your ham in a roasting dish with 1 cup of water in the pan.
- Brush the glaze over your ham, cover the ham tightly with foil and bake 18 minutes per pound at 350 degrees.
- Brush additional glaze onto the ham every 40 minutes until the ham is done according to the instructions for the type of ham you have.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 52 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 69mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 0g Sugar 9g Protein 2g