This Cranberry Orange Pork Roast has been a family favorite for years. Each time I make it, it is greeted with whole-hearted enthusiasm. You certainly can’t beat that!
Every year around this time of the season, you’ll often see cranberry sauce go on sale. You may also have several cans of it leftover in your pantry. You’ll love putting some to use with this flavorful roast.
- 1 pork loin roast (2-3 lb)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce (for paleo, use 2 cups of my homemade cranberry sauce)
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup brown sugar (for paleo, omit)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Place your pork roast in a roasting pan. This can be with our without a rack, your preference is fine. I have done this both ways.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Begin baking the roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Let it simmer until the cranberry sauce is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the glaze in half. One half will be used for brushing the roast, the other half will be used as a sauce when serving.
- Keep the "brushing" glaze warm while the roast continues to bake. The other can simply be heated when it is time to serve the roast.
- After the first 45 minutes of baking, brush the top of the roast with the glaze that you have made. Continue to bake. Do this every 10-15 minutes, until a thermometer reads 170 degrees in the center. The total time will vary depending upon the size of your roast, so the time given for this recipe is an estimate. Trust your thermometer.
- Allow the roast to rest 10-15 minutes, then slice across with a sharp knife or electric carving knife (my preferred method.)
- Serve with the reserved sauce.
With the holidays over, you would think things would settle down. That is rarely the case. I know certainly not in my home. These easy supper recipes will be the perfect thing to rescue you when you don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to standing in the kitchen.
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook