Juicy, skillet-seared pork chops with a lovely pan sauce. Stop what you are doing and make this.
I served this gorgeous chop bedded in a nest of cheddar mashed potatoes. This will fill you up on a winter day!
- 6 boneless pork chops, medium thickness
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
- 1 Tb butter, more if needed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 1/2 c beef broth
- 1 Tb balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tb corn starch
- 1/4 c cold water
- To begin, sprinkle the pork chops with a pinch of salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork chops in the skillet until they are browned on each side. There's no need to worry about cooking them through right now, you are just establishing that beautiful color. Work in batches if you need to, and add additional oil and butter as needed. Place the seared chops in a dish and set them aside for a moment.
- Saute the garlic in the pan drippings over medium low heat until just golden.
- Pour in the wine, stirring with a spoon to loosen all of those beautiful bits form the pan. Let this simmer and reduce just slightly.
- Add in the bay leaf, parsley, beef broth and vinegar.
- Arrange the chops in the skillet and bring the entire mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through.
- Place the pork chops on a serving platter and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- In a small dish, whisk the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Bring the juices in your skillet to a rolling boil and stir in half of your cornstarch mixture. As it boils it will thicken. If you would like the sauce thicker, add the rest of the cornstarch slurry and boil again. Give it a taste and add additional salt & pepper if needed. Discard the bay leaf.
- Serve the pork chops with the beautiful gravy you just prepared.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.