My heavens. Can you get any more tempting than this dish? A tender pork tenderloin slathered in honey mustard, inside a blanket of bacon and baked to perfection. What makes this recipe even better? It takes only minutes to prep, and a relatively short time to bake, so you can enjoy this any time!
Many of you are probably aware that my husband retired from the army last year. Since then, he has been working out of the country. His job over there was completed and he finally came home. I asked him what he wanted me to make for his first home-cooked meal. His response, “Some kind of pork tenderloin.” Oh, I can do that! The other thing he asked for was cornbread.
So for the pork tenderloin, I made a variation of the Porchetta that I shared here not too long ago. But rather than a layer of herbs under the blanket of bacon, I decided to go with a honey mustard mixture. The result was a smashing success!
Of course, I made him the cornbread, too.
You will definitely want to make this recipe very, very soon.
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 c country style Dijon mustard
- 1 Tb honey
- 1½ lb pork tenderloin
- 5 slices bacon, cut in half
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place your pork tenderloin in a roasting pan. Sprinkle it with the salt and pepper.
- In a small dish, combine the mustard and honey. Brush this mixture all over the pork tenderloin.
- Lay the bacon slices across the tenderloin, tucking the ends underneath.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees for medium.
- Remove the roast to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 92mg Sodium 690mg Carbohydrates 4g Fiber 0g Sugar 3g Protein 33g