Red Pork Chili is a rich and delicious meat sauce that you can serve on rice, biscuits or in this case spooned over a heap of decadent cheese grits.
There are so many ways you can serve this. With one taste, your imagination will run wild!
This dish starts with garlic sauteed in extra virgin olive oil. Then you add in tomato paste, chili powder and a few other goodies.
Pour it over some country style boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker.
That evening, you’ll have people trampling your kitchen floor in a stampede for the table.
My favorite way to serve this is over a bed of creamy cheese grits.
I top it with some fresh lime zest.
Left overs the next day make an aahhh-mazing panini.
- 1/4 c hot water
- 1 Tb instant espresso powder
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 2 Tb chili powder
- 3/4 c chicken broth
- 1 Tb brown sugar (for PALEO, substitute raw honey)
- 2 tsp instant tapioca
- 2 lb country style, boneless pork ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, zested
- Cheese Grits
- To begin, combine the hot water and instant espresso powder in a small dish to dissolve. Set that aside for now.
- Saute the minced garlic in the extra virgin olive oil over medium low heat until tender.
- Add in the tomato paste and chili powder. Whisk it together and cook for just a minute.
- Add in the chicken broth, tapioca and brown sugar. Whisk this together until it is nice and smooth. Remove it from the heat.
- Lightly oil the inside of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the ribs with the salt & pepper.
- Place your country ribs in the slow cooker. Pour the sauce all over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- With a pair of tongs or a wooden spoon, break the tender ribs into bite-sized pieces.
- Spoon the wonderful meat over a bed of cheese grits.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh lime zest (about 1 teaspoon for each bowl.)
Try serving this pork over biscuits or chunks of cornbread. It is amazing in a panini. It may also be good served with rice and wrapped in a tortilla. You can use your imagination!
FOR PALEO - serve this on a bed of riced cauliflower or in a paleo friendly wrap, such as Siete brand. (I find them at my local Whole Foods.)
“The Lord will watch over your coming & going both now and forevermore” Ps 121:8