You may think that a week day is too busy for ribs, but not for these delicious, tender slow cooker “busy day ribs!”
- 1 rack pork baby back ribs
- 2 Tb Cajun seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon
- 1 tsp hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ c cold water
- ¼ c corn starch
- To begin, remove the membrane from the back of a rack of baby back pork ribs.
- Cut the ribs into “two bone” sections. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning all over the ribs. Rub the seasoning all over. Set those aside for a moment.
- Layer the ribs and sliced onion in your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, whole grain Dijon mustard, hot Hungarian paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and liquid smoke. Mix it all together.
- Pour this all over the top of the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When the ribs are done cooking, place them on a platter and keep them warm. Pour the cooking liquid through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Using a ladle or skimmer, skim off the excess grease from the top of the liquid and discard.
- Heat the remaining liquid to a gentle boil. In a small glass, mix together 1/4 cup each cold water and corn starch.
- Pour it into the saucepan, stir and let it cook together for a minute, until thickened.
- Pour half of the sauce over the ribs. Put the other half in a serving dish and serve with the ribs.
- Enjoy these tender ribs with your favorite sides.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 1808mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.